Ultralight Pilot Permit
- AGE: Minimum 16 years of age
- REQUIREMENTS: Proof of Medical Fitness (Category 4 Declaration )
- Completion of Ground School Course which is offered on-line or direct
support from the instructor
- Minimum 20 hours of theory related to: theory of flight, regulation, weather, and navigation
- Completion of Transport Canada Exam with a passing mark of 60% (80 questions within a 3 hour time limit-exam based mostly on ground
school course information)
- Minimum ten hours of flight time which includes: minimum five hours of dual time, minimum two hours of solo time, minimum 30 take-offs and landings (ten of which are done solo by the student pilot)
- A letter of Competency provided by the instructor based on a Satisfactory Flight Review
CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a licensed Ultralight Pilot!
It is important to note that the flight times referenced above are minimum times as required by Transport Canada. There are many factors which may increase your flight training time. Such factors are but not limited to, poor weather conditions, how often you choose to fly (the larger the time interval between lessons, the more review is required), and unexpected airplane maintenance issues. As well, everyone learns at their own pace with their own strengths and their own abilities. Being focused and engaged in learning how to soar the sky are key to becoming a safe, skilled, and confident pilot.